- Receives order for large-scale yen-loan project for construction of Sewage works in Vietnam
Receives order for large-scale yen-loan project for construction of Sewage works in Vietnam
Swing Corporation receives an order for construction of sewage treatment facilities with operation and maintenance for Hue City in central Vietnam
Swing Corporation (President & CEO: Shigeo Mizutani, Head Office in Tokyo) signed the construction contract for the development of sewage treatment facilities for Hue City, the capital of Thua Thien Hue Province of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
The project will be executed as part of the “Hue City Water Environment Improvement Project" financed by Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) ODA loan.
The project includes operation and maintenance of the constructed sewage treatment plant and pump stations in the engineering and construction contract.
Swing Corporation (Swing) will utilize its developed know-how of operation and maintenance. Swing’s subsidiary, Swing Water Vietnam Corporation will provide comprehensive support services to meet the customer’s needs.
Since entering the Vietnamese market in the 1990s, Swing has received orders for water supply and sewage infrastructure in various places including Hanoi City and Ho Chi Minh City under JICA ODA. This contract is Swing’s 14th project in Vietnam.
Further water supply and sewage infrastructure projects using JICA funding are expected in Vietnam. Swing will continue to expand its activities in the Vietnamese market as one of the priority countries for its overseas strategy.
1) Project name: Hue City Water Environment Improvement Project, Wastewater Treatment Plant, Pump Stations and Transmission Main to Treatment Plant with Operation and Maintenance
2) Project Site: Hue City in Thua Thien Hue Province, Socialist Republic of Vietnam. Hue City located in central Vietnam has developed as the capital of Nguyen dynasty from the beginning of 19th century to middle of 20th century. The City was registered as World Heritage by UNESCO in 1993, and urban development has been a focus for tourism.
3) Purpose of the Project: Construction of sewage treatment and urban drainage infrastructure, with the aim to improve water pollution caused by the increase of domestic wastewater and to prevent frequent flood damage.
4) Customer: Hue City Water Environment Improvement Project Management Unit (the PMU), representing Hue Urban Environment and Public Works Joint Stock Company(HEPCO)
5) Contract Formation: Consortium with Hanshin Engineering & Construction Co., Ltd. (Korean construction company)
6) Date of Contract Signing: June 19th, 2015
7) Total Contract Value: approximately 7.0 billion yen
8) Project Scope: Swing’s scope of work is engineering, procurement and installation of mechanical & electrical equipment of the sewage treatment plant with treatment capacity of 30,000m3/day and 7 pump stations, with operation and maintenance after installation.
9) Construction Period: Starting from September 2015 to 2018 (expected)