Received an order under the Japanese ODA Grant Aid Project for Water Treatment System in Kampot in the Kingdom of Cambodia
Swing Corporation received an order for the construction of Water Treatment System in Kampot, the capital of Kampot Province in the southern part of Cambodia.
Swing Corporation (President & CEO: Shigeo Mizutani, Head Office in Tokyo) signed the construction contract for “The Project for Expansion of Water Supply System in Kampot” in the Kingdom of Cambodia.
Water supply system in Kampot, the capital of Kampot Province in the southern part of Cambodia was reconstructed and rehabilitated with assistance from the Asian Development Bank and others. However, largely due to an inadequate capacity of the existing water supply system in Kampot, the service coverage ratio of the water supply is only 47%, and thus the expansion of Kampot water supply system has been an urgent issue to be solved for well-being of the residents of Kampot.
In this project, Swing Corporation is in charge of Engineering, Procurement and Construction of the Mechanical and Electrical facility part of the project. The water treatment plant employs Coagulation, Sedimentation, and Rapid Filtration which is a proven technology with more than 70% of share in Japan, and will contribute to supply safe drinking water to people in Kampot.
Prior to this project in Kampot, Swing Corporation received orders for Vinh Phuc Province Investment Climate Improvement Project in Vietnam in 2014 (Water Treatment Plant), Hue City Water Environment Improvement Project in Vietnam in 2015 (Sewage Treatment Plant), and will continue to expand its activities to contribute to the development of water infrastructures in South East Asia and rest of the world.
1) Project Name: The Project for Expansion of Water Supply System in Kampot
2) Project Site: Kampot, the capital of Kampot Province in the southern part of Cambodia
3) Purpose of the Project: Improvement of water infrastructure of regional town and city in accordance with the “Improvement in the access rate to safe drinking water” addressed in the National Strategic Development Plan 2014-2018 of the Royal Government of Cambodia.
4) Client: Ministry of Industry & Handicraft
5) Contract Formation: Consortium with Sumitomo Mitsui Construction Co., Ltd.
6) Date of Contract Signing: April 8th, 2016
7) Total Contract Value: approximately 2.1 billion yen
8) Project Scope: Engineering, Procurement and Construction of water intake facility (8,250 m3/d), water treatment plant (7,500 m3/d), transmission line (5 km), and distribution network (89 km).
9) Construction Period: Starting from June 2016 to August 2018 (expected)